Building a farmhouse kitchen decor is a great way to add a cozy, rustic feel to any kitchen. This type of decor is perfect for making a space feel warm, inviting, and comfortable. From choosing the right furniture and fixtures, to adding the perfect accent pieces, there are a few key tips to keep in mind when creating a farmhouse kitchen decor.
If you are looking for the right design style that combines modernity, functionality, comfort and rustic features, then farmhouse is the right style for you.
The style, sometimes also referred to as farmhouse or rustic, has perfectly embraced both modernity and elements of the past.
Today, we’re going to break down the key features of farmhouse, as well as share ideas for decorating your kitchen in this style.
Features of the farmhouse
If you dig deeper into the history of the creation of the style, it turns out that farmhouse is a kind of American country style and combines seemingly incompatible things, such as antique furniture and modern patchwork quilts.
The more elements of glass, wood and linen are used in the decoration, the better. At the same time, there will be no fear that you miss much with this or that item in the interior, because farmstyle is very flexible.
Characteristics of the farmhouse
The main characteristics of the style can include:
- A large amount of light in the room. This is primarily achieved through the installation of additional or panoramic windows;
- The absence of a complex project. This is a great advantage of the style, as it does not require large and expensive design work, and allows you to fill the house gradually, due to its functionality;
- Practicality and convenience. Not for nothing it is called the farmhouse style, because these qualities are very important for farmers.
- Farmhouse kitchen
- The main advantage of such a kitchen will be a stylish design, simplicity and comfort. And it is not necessary to apply this style to the entire room. You can limit yourself, for example, to the working area, if you have limited space.
Just imagine: vintage clocks and decorative elements on the wall, instead of bulky cabinets with doors – open shelves with beautiful dishes in the style “under the old times” and various kitchen items, and instead of an ordinary table shape – a beautiful cut out of solid wood or wood with epoxy resin. That’s what a farmhouse style kitchen is all about!
Also an indispensable element in this style is kitchen textiles. Tablecloths with neat minimalist embroideries allow to emphasize the originality and sophisticated style of the room. The most important is that the material should be only natural: linen, cotton.
Additionally, attention should be paid to the appearance of fixtures and fittings, all with antique elements. Also wicker baskets for food and fruit will fit perfectly into the overall atmosphere.
12 Farmhouse style kitchen design ideas
A farmhouse or agritourism style kitchen can combine many different variations: cottage, vintage, cozy, traditional… If you want such a kitchen, it’s worth taking note of simple ideas to help you decorate.
Here are some ideas for inspiration:
- Parquet flooring, which is beautiful and is the foundation of the space,
- Beams, which can be an integral part of the interior, especially when creating the feeling of a welcoming rural home.
- Old-fashioned plates that add coziness and beauty.
- Cream cabinets that will be a contrast to the dark wood.
- Heavy raw wood countertops.
- Wooden walls.
- Greens, fresh and vibrant, either in pots or dried.
- Wooden dishes and white dishes.
- Baskets, painting trays on the walls.
- Pendant lights.
- Brick blocks and frames.