Shrimp with sofrito
When it comes to making a delicious and easy to make shrimp dish, look no further than shrimp with sofrito. This flavorful dish is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal or want to impress your guests at your next dinner party.
What is sofrito?
Sofrito is a sauce or relish made from tomatoes, onions, garlic, and green peppers that is popular in Spanish and Latin American cuisine. It’s typically used as a base for soups, stews, and sauces, but can also be used as a condiment or seasoning.
Why you’ll love this dish
Shrimp with sofrito is a dish that is packed with flavor but is also light and healthy. The shrimp is cooked in a flavorful sofrito sauce made from tomatoes, onions, garlic, and green peppers, making it a perfect option for those looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
What is Sofrito and Where Does it Come From?
Sofrito is a sauce or condiment typically made with tomatoes, garlic, onions, and green peppers. It is popular in Spanish, Cuban, and Puerto Rican cuisine, and can be used as a base for stews, rice dishes, and other meals.
The exact ingredients and proportions of sofrito vary depending on the region and cook, but the sauce is typically made by sautéing onions and garlic in olive oil, then adding tomatoes and green peppers. Other ingredients may include cilantro, oregano, paprika, and vinegar. Sofrito is typically cooked for a short time to allow the flavors to meld, and it is often used as a base for other dishes.
Sofrito has its origins in Spanish cuisine, and it has become popular in many Latin American countries. In Spain, sofrito is often used as a base for stews and rice dishes. In Cuba and Puerto Rico, sofrito is often used to flavor beans and meats.
Sofrito is a versatile sauce that can be used in many different dishes. It can be used as a base for stews and rice dishes, or it can be used to flavor beans and meats. It is also a common ingredient in Latin American cuisine.
How to Make Shrimp with Sofrito
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
-1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
-1/4 teaspoon chili powder
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1/8 teaspoon black pepper
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1/2 cup sofrito
-1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro
-1 lime, juiced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Combine cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sofrito, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Add shrimp, and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer shrimp and sofrito mixture to a baking dish.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
7. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Shrimp with Sofrito
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make shrimp dish, look no further than shrimp with sofrito! This classic Latin American recipe is typically made with a flavorful sofrito sauce, which is a mix of tomatoes, onions, garlic, and peppers. The shrimp is then cooked in the sofrito sauce until it’s nice and plump.
So, what should you serve with shrimp with sofrito? Here are some great ideas:
- Rice: This is a classic pairing for shrimp with sofrito. The rice will soak up all of the delicious flavors of the sofrito sauce.
- Beans: Another great option for soaking up the sofrito sauce, beans are a healthy and filling side dish.
- Salad: A simple green salad is a great way to lighten up this dish.
- Plantains: A staple of Latin American cuisine, plantains are a delicious and sweet side dish that goes great with shrimp with sofrito.
- Bread: Bread is always a good option for mopping up delicious sauces. Serve a crusty loaf of bread on the side for dipping.
Whatever you decide to serve with shrimp with sofrito, you’re sure to have a delicious and easy-to-make meal that everyone will love!
Tips for Making the Perfect Shrimp with Sofrito
Sofrito is a flavorful blend of sautéed vegetables, garlic, and spices. It’s a popular ingredient in many Latin American and Caribbean dishes. And it’s the perfect way to add flavor to shrimp. This dish is simple to make and can be served as an appetizer or main course.
Here are some tips for making the perfect shrimp with sofrito:
- Choose the right shrimp. For this dish, you’ll want to use large shrimp that have been peeled and deveined.
- Sauté the vegetables. To make the sofrito, you’ll need to sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic. You can use any type of oil, but olive oil or vegetable oil will work best.
- Add the shrimp. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the shrimp to the pan. Cook the shrimp until they’re pink and opaque.
- Season the dish. Once the shrimp are cooked, season the dish with salt, pepper, and lime juice. You can also add other herbs and spices, such as cumin or oregano.
- Serve with rice. This dish is typically served with white rice. You can also serve it with beans or a salad.
Making shrimp with sofrito is a quick and easy way to add flavor to your meal. By following these tips, you’ll be sure to make a delicious dish that your family and friends will love.